Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tournament home games are weird

...At least this one was. UD beat George Washington last night in an okay game for the Flyers. It was nice to see them win a close game anyway. Still, that was really not what caught my attention during the game.

What did have my eyes and ears perplexed was the fact that the UD employed people that work at the scorers table were wearing black sweater vests instead of red. In addition to that fact, the PA announcer was announcing the game from an unbiased perspective. Think about that for a second. I've never heard that dude's voice unless it was championing Dayton's cause.

I'm used to "THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE Chris Johnson!"
Instead I got "Chris Johnson, three points."

It was bizarre, I'm telling you.

It was also weird that only 6,930 people made it out to the game. I mean, come on. Even if the fans have given up on the NCAA Tournament and are disappointed in what Dayton has done this season, they should still be coming to the game. BG said something I really like after the game: "Some of our faithful have put conditions on their faithfulness." He's right, and that is embarrassing. Fans should be fans no matter what, and that Arena should have been full like usual last night.

At any rate, I'm going to Atlantic City, which should be pretty cool. I'll be blogging and taking pictures and what not for Flyer News a lot, but hopefully I'll be able to get over and get a post or two up on this thing for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment