Thursday, March 18, 2010

...And so it begins

It's noon, and the dance is starting in just about 20 minutes. I haven't been this excited in a long time. I've got some studying to do, and I can't think of a better way to do it than with some Florida-BYU/Old Dominion-Notre Dame/Robert Morris-Villanova in the background. There is no better time than this.

Three games going on at the same time to start things off. 16 games will be played today. 16! O man its going to be great. I finished my bracket late last night, and think it is a pretty decent one. I went with the boring pick of Kansas to win the national championship, but still made some gutsy picks in the earlier rounds, so it isn't the lamest bracket of all time.

Things to keep an eye for today:

Saint Mary's vs Richmond: Should be a really good 10-7 matchup between two great mid-major programs. I'll be looking for Richmond to win. They are a lot of fun to watch and it would be good to see an A-10 team do well. By the way, without even meaning to, I picked the A-10 teams in this tournament to do extremely well. I have Richmond in the Sweet 16 and Xavier and Temple each going to the Elite Eight. Kinda Crazy.

Wake Forest vs Texas: Maybe the dog game of the tournament. These two teams were both looking waaaaaayyyy better than they finished on the season. They are probably the two biggest end-of-season collapses in the entire tournament field.

Okay, its 12:18, time for me to concentrate on other things. Hope everybody is able to watch the games. If you don't know about it, check out March Madness on Demand to watch any of the games in the Tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment