Thursday, February 11, 2010

Great day for Basketball

This is why I follow sports, and live and die with the teams I root for.

Cause when they win, it feels so good.

Dayton beat Charlotte tonight, 75-47. O my gosh, did they look good. Chris Wright scored 30, and he was able to do that because he hit a couple threes in the second half. If he hits jumpers and forces a team to guard him everywhere, it's not even fair.

CJ looked great too, just hitting threes and taking what came to him. He finished with 14. Marcus had 13, including the best dunk by a UD player I've seen this year.

Not to mention the fact that they outscored Charlotte 45-20 in the second half. It was just ridiculous how good their defense looked. So now Dayton has won two big games in a row, and climbed back into the thick of things in the conference. Here's the catch-22 though: both games were at home. Now they have to go on the road for some tough games. If they continue playing this well, they will probably run the table. The thing is, I have no confidence they will ever play that well away from home. It just never seems to work out that way. I will hope, however.

In other news, Duke beat North Carolina for the first time in what seems like forever. I have hated watching Duke blow game after game against UNC because they come out guns-a-blazing and then get tired and lose it down the stretch. Sure, UNC is terrible this year (2-7 in the ACC), but it still feels good. I can only imagine how it felt for Jon Scheyer, who is a complete man. He's got to be at least 40.

Anyway, loving the wins now, and I'll enjoy them at least until Saturday, when both teams will almost certainly keep me sweating for the two plus hours they are playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment