Friday, November 4, 2011

Can we extend the college basketball season?

I've given up on the NBA. There is still plenty of opportunity for an NBA season to happen, and it probably will happen once most of the players have been without paychecks for a month or two or three. But I can't even stand to think about that. Even a 40 game NBA season wouldn't be started for a long time to come.

So is there any way we could get the college basketball season started up earlier? Or maybe move the conference tournaments three weeks and add eight or nine more games to every team's schedule? That way I'd have a little bit more ball to watch.

I'm sick of reading headlines about NBA Labor discussions, the college conference shuffle and my fantasy football players continuing to be injured. Don't Andre Johnson and Darren McFadden understand that we're smack in the middle of the bye portion of football season, and I don't have anybody else to put in the game? I digress, though. This wasn't supposed to be about football.

It was supposed to be an appeal to the NCAA: find a way to give me 3 more Big Mondays, Super Tuesdays, ACC Wednesdays and all the other wacky names ESPN should start giving to days of the week during college basketball season. Find a way to give me an extra three weeks of Duke games on television (because Duke is always on TV. It's probably the biggest perk of being a Duke fan). Most of all, just give me more basketball to watch, because As awesome as the NFL is, it's only two (sometimes three) days a week. And two (sometimes three) out of seven just isn't getting it done anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment