Sunday, April 18, 2010

$132 Million never bought so little

Dear New York Mets,

Quit wasting so much money. If you are going to be this bad, just go ahead and put your money to better use. Give it to the community in Queens or something. Better yet, give it to me. I could do a whole lot with just shy of $133 million. I mean, that is a whole lot of cabbage. I could fulfill my dream of owning a space shuttle, for one thing.

Now, I realize that I am writing this the day after the Mets managed to pull out a 2-1, 20 inning win over the Cardinals, but honestly that is most likely going to be the greatest highlight for the team this season. An 0-7 performance from your lead-off man is going to be your most memorable highlight from the season. Cause let's be honest: this rotation is simply not going to get the job done.

The one bright spot for the boys this year has been Mike Pelfrey, who is 2-0 on the season, and happened to get a save in last night's marathon game. Pretty impressive. Hopefully Mike can keep up the play, cause in my experience he has been inconsistent.

So this being the first baseball post of the new year, it is only natural that I talk about my RMOB stat. I plan on keeping track of things again this year, and will hopefully have a season ending RMOB standings to really judge the experiment. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this post. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

1 comment:

  1. I listened to the last few innings of that game. It sounded like neither team could get anything going. But when a second baseman can pitch a scoreless frame on you, you know something's wrong.

    ReplyDelete